Monday, January 4, 2010

Wi-Tribe Consumer Panel- Day4

Day 4 was the worst.
When I returned from office, I was informed by the family that the performance was worse than dial-up and the modem showed remarkable consistency in getting hung up at every available opportunity. I smsed the guy explaining the situation and reminding him the need for a lengthier cable. He finally arrives at 10pm, with the wire and another device. He brought the device because he said there are only two reasons that the device ‘decamps’. Either the CPE is faulty, or the signal is too weak to provide sustainable coverage.


After attaching the new cable, he checked the old device for signals throughout my room, and finally concluded that the signal variation was too much and hence the device getting hung up, otherwise there was nothing wrong with the device.
He left me with the old device and the dilemma whether to continue with Wi-tribe or cancel the subscription for which I had only two days left.
Although the rep was polite and helpful, he left me with another problem – a not too long cable. I had asked for at least 25 feet, he brought one which was not more than 20 feet. I asked why, he said that for that long a cable, he would have to get permission which would have delayed my getting the cable. Whether that’s the truth or he just said it to get me off his back I can’t say. Only the Witribe management can answer that.





After he left, I spent the next hour running around the house with the device tethered to the PC as far as the cable would go. I finally placed the device just across from my room where the signal strength was the maximum.




It got better but then the issue of cable getting in the way of the feet arose. I was too tired by the end of this exercise to change the position again.

No comments:

Post a Comment